Re: [isabelle] [isabelle-dev] Circular reasoning via multithreading seems too easy

On 11/12/16 22:57, Julius Michaelis wrote:
> So what are the tales you should be telling?
>
> On  3.12 20:53, Makarius wrote:
>> In general, the thm type in Isabelle is definitely not what is being
>> told in the common story about the "LCF approach", there is also not
>> "the kernel" in Isabelle. We need to stop telling these tales.

Reading the sources, reading papers, asking people who should know how
these systems are done, listening carefully. I do that myself when
talking to the colleagues behind the other systems (HOL4, HOL-Light,
Coq, ACL2, ProofPower).

The assumption that any of the LCF-style provers is 100% correct is
wrong -- that was never the case in last decades. If your work depends
on that assumption, you need to rethink what you are doing.

We need more clarity and more honesty.