Re: [isabelle] axiom of choice in Isabelle/HOL, and sledgehammer

Correct me if I am wrong, but my impression is that sledgehammer (via
metis) has (at least a variant of) the "Axiom of Choice" built-in. And I
think the same holds true for any tool that employs Skolemization.

E.g.

lemma "ALL x. EX y. P x y ==> EX f. ALL x. P x (f x)" by metis

cheers

chris