Re: [isabelle] RC1 - Greyout

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Simon Wimmer wrote:

Additionally, on RC2 I (Mac OS X) occasionally see a spinning multi-colored circle, which might stick with me for an indefinite amount of time during which I cannot make any input.

This is the "beachball of death" by Apple. It means the GUI process is somehow irresponsive.

There might be a JVM heap problem, when it approaches 100% of the given limit.

The heap size is shown in the footline in the right corner. If that gets too high in practical work, you can try with more heap space by editing Isabelle.app/Contents/Info.plist near the bottom; the default is 2560m.
The application needs to be restarted.