Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC3 -- jEdit build fails when session loaded from different directory
- To: Peter Lammich <lammich at in.tum.de>, "C. Diekmann" <diekmann at in.tum.de>
- Subject: Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC3 -- jEdit build fails when session loaded from different directory
- From: Makarius <makarius at sketis.net>
- Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 23:35:07 +0100 (CET)
- Cc: isabelle-users <isabelle-users at cl.cam.ac.uk>
- In-reply-to: <i00d9bs12L6lLzF.RZmta@smtpin.rzone.de>
- References: <i00d9bs12L6lLzF.RZmta@smtpin.rzone.de>
- User-agent: Alpine 2.00 (LNX 1167 2008-08-23)
On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Peter Lammich wrote:
Have you used 64bit poly? What happens on 32bit poly?
Using Poly/ML with x86_64 is actually a common mistake -- it is the
default on most Linux installations, but the Isabelle installation
instructions say explicitly that 32bit libraries should be installed.
We are back to the question how much documentation people want to use.
Anybody with higher-than average requirements should peek at advanced
What also helps under tight ML heap conditions to is vary the ML_OPTIONS a
bit, concerning the initial heap size. This changes the way how Poly/ML
grows and shrinks the heap, and sometimes it makes a difference.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and