Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC3 -- jEdit build fails when session loaded from different directory

The standard desktop setup is 32GB RAM with a higher-end quadcore i7. This allow you to run 2 sessions in parallel without too much trouble. Without memory pressure it’ll take about 20GB, but with GC it should fit into 16GB (it’s very close to that 16GB limit, sometimes over sometimes under, depending on changes in proofs, Isabelle, polyml, Linux or Mac, etc).

Server side we’re currently running an 8-core i7 with 128GB, but it’s getting a bit old and is in need of a refresh.

Most of the proofs do actually run fine on a 8GB laptop. It’s only the later stages and C-level proofs that need that much memory.

Cheers,
Gerwin