Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC3 -- jEdit build fails when session loaded from different directory

On Thu, 4 Feb 2016, C. Diekmann wrote:

Is there a way to check my setup after the first startup?

E.g. like this:

  ML "open ML_System"

Where can I find the documentation how I can set the ML settings such
that I can build Collections again?

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/installation.html / Linux / Requirements:

  32-bit C/C++ standard libraries on 64-bit Linux (optional, for improved performance of Poly/ML)

The details depend on the Linux distribution. On Ubuntu it is probably just the "g++-multilib" package.

If the build of a session image fails with an out of memory error, is it possible to do the build again with only one core/process to limit the memory usage to 3.5GB?

You need to provide the 32-bit C/C++ standard libraries first, and then restart the whole application. This allows to use the 32-bit version of Poly/ML, which is separate from the 64-bit version.

Afterwards you can switch back to 64-bit via Plugin Options / Isabelle / General / ML System 64, although that is practically irrelevant on only 8GB.