Re: [isabelle] Isabelleʼs getsettings somehow broken

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016, Makarius wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016, Joachim Breitner wrote:

 After further digging, it turns out that it works if /bin/sh does point to
 /bin/bash instead of /bin/dash. Bisecting the version ranges of dash, the
 problem started to appear in 0.5.8. Likely contender:
 http://git.kernel.org/cgit/utils/dash/dash.git/commit/?id=46d3c1a614f11f0d40a7e73376359618ff07abcd

That change is from 2012. My impression is that the bash guys have already taken measures against such "sanitised environments" some years ago

In the meantime I have cloned git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/dash/dash.git and made a bisection. It is indeed this changeset from 2012. The dash release cycle seems to be extremely slow.

The changeset also contains some email snippets of someone reporting an "issue" about export -p and the maintainer "fixing" it. So v0.5.8 from 17 months ago came out as broken. I wonder how long it will take to reach "stable" Linux distributions.

On which tracker did you report this problem?