Re: [isabelle] Isabelleâs getsettings somehow broken

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 10.02.2016, 19:44 +0100 schrieb Makarius:
> Maybe it is better to convince Debian maintainers to regain some
> sanity?Â
> The testing of dash 0.5.8 has happened only last week:Â
> https://tracker.debian.org/news/744916

I filed a report atÂhttp://bugs.debian.org/814358

but I donât have much hopes. If dashâs upstream is right that POSIX
does not guarantee the survival of non-standard environment entries,
then we are relying on accidental behavior here, and will have a hard
time convincing the Debian maintainers to diverge from upstream.

Chances would be better if Software maintained by Debian would be
affected, but the odds of that are rather low (few people export bash
functions besides from thier login shell) and Isabelle is unfortunately
not distributed by Debian.

Anyways, Iâm sure have sympathy for maintainers who, by improving
matters and refining their code to do things correctly and as
specified, happen to break the setup of users who were using it in an
obsolete or simply wrong way before.

Greetings,
Joachim

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter