Re: [isabelle] Isabelleâs getsettings somehow broken

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 10.02.2016, 20:49 +0100 schrieb Makarius:
> Next time I will try harder to circumvent /bin/sh, if that
> is at all possible. (Not for Isabelle2016, though.)

are we sure there is nothing we can do? In the current state,
Isabelle2016 will not be easily usable on future Debian and Ubuntu
releases without root access and rather low level modificationsÂ.

One way out might be to follow the advice that I procured here:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/35324612/946226
This way, you can avoid the call to /bin/sh in the problematic part
src/Pure/Concurrent/bash.ML. Iâm not sure if this is available on
Windows.

Greetings,
Joachim

 The instructions could be something like:
    Run
    $ sudoÂdpkg-reconfigure dash
    and answer the question with "no". Then ensure that the symbolic
    link /bin/sh points to /bin/bash.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
http://pp.ipd.kit.edu/~breitner