Re: [isabelle] Isabelleâs getsettings somehow broken

> Quite recently (a few months ago?), the encoding of shell functions in
> bash had been changed to a avoid security hole (Âshell shockÂ).  I do
> not recall the details, but maybe this is also relevant here.

I think your assessment is correct. See also

  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shellshock_%28software_bug%29>

Also, it's not just Debian. On my Arch system, I also see the suffix.
For example, `isabelle env` contains

  BASH_FUNC_isabelle_scala%%=() ...

This is bash version 4.3.042. Arch is well-known for rarely patching
upstream sources.

Cheers
Lars