Re: [isabelle] Isabelleâs getsettings somehow broken

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 17.02.2016, 09:35 +0100 schrieb Florian Haftmann:

> > > getenv(SHELL), falling back on /bin/sh by default is a very
> > > custom
> > > behaviour and would make sense; nevertheless the user still has
> > > the
> > > burden of setting SHELL explicitly in case of problems.
> >
> > is it? Isnât "SHELL" how a user configures his preferred
> > _interactive_
> > shell? That might be ksh, or fish, or even ghci for all you know...
> > Likely not something you want to rely on.
>
> E.g. make does interpret SHELL that way;

indeed Iâm less sure about my interpretation, and the POSIX standard is
not very helpful. I tried to kick of a discussion over at
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/263773/is-the-shell-environment-variable-only-for-interactive-shells

Greetings,
Joachim
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter