Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0 - default output buffers

Hi,

when I first started RC0, the default setting was quite confusing for me.

I moved the current line cursor to a lemma statement.
What I observed:
  The bottom buffer was set to output. It displays nothing
  The right buffer shows the Documentation panel.

What I expected:
  The proof state is displayed somewhere.

The proof state is only visible when I select the state panel (as
documented). This might be confusing for new-comers. In addition, my
proof state is usually huge, but by default, the right panel is very
small.

Splitting state and output may be a good idea for power users with
large displays. On my laptop with only one fullHD display, I just
can't find a satisfying setting. Maybe it is a good idea to distribute
Isabelle with a simple GUI setup. Power users can still change the
defaults. This would mean that by default, the proof state is sent to
the output panel.

What do other users think?

Best Regards,
  Cornelius