Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0 - does not exit on Linux

On Sun, 3 Jan 2016, C. Diekmann wrote:

I'm testing Isabelle2016-RC0_app.tar.gz on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS, Unity, Linux 4.2.0-22-generic x86_64.

I started it in the shell with
 ./Isabelle2016-RC0/bin/isabelle jedit

After I exited jEdit (clicking the x in the window), the process was
not gone and it was still active in my shell. The prompt did not
return.

5) While Isabelle is still checking proofs (and finding more errors),
   close it.

This sounds like the JVM/AWT shutdown problem, that I've now addressed in http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/8bcbf1c93119

I spent more than half of the day experimenting with variations on the theme. Hopefully this change is sufficient.