Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0 - does not exit on Linux

On Mon, 4 Jan 2016, Lars Hupel wrote:

This sounds like the JVM/AWT shutdown problem, that I've now addressed
in http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/8bcbf1c93119

For the records, I've also experienced shutdown problems in libisabelle.
The main reason is that the threads created by the thread pool are not
flagged to be daemon, although I don't know whether this is intentional
or not. I solve it by setting the daemon flag:

<https://github.com/larsrh/libisabelle/blob/v0.2.2/pide/2015/src/main/scala/impl/Environment.scala#L20-L26>

I've picked up this change as well: http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/6dbeafce6318

This means the trend to have service threads as daemons is increased. It also means that synchronous context switch into the AWT thread needs even more care as usual. I will double-check all remaining uses of GUI_Thread.now.