Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0: Windows bootstrapping

> The error message is:
>
> java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
> C:\Users\appveyor\AppData\Local\libisabelle\setups\Isabelle2016-RC0\.\contrib\cygwin\dev\fd

I think I found the cause.

I use native Java 7+ APIs to unpack the distribution tarballs. In
particular, I use Java's facilities to create symlinks if I encounter one
in the tarball.

Now, for some reason, "contrib\cygwin\dev\fd" (and others) are broken
symlinks (I need to figure out why). But since these files are being
overwritten anyway, my suggestion would be to delete the file in
"recover_symlinks" before a buffered writer is created for it. Makarius,
what do you think?

Cheers
Lars