Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0: Windows bootstrapping

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016, Lars Hupel wrote:

The error message is:

java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException:
C:\Users\appveyor\AppData\Local\libisabelle\setups\Isabelle2016-RC0\.\contrib\cygwin\dev\fd

I think I found the cause.

I use native Java 7+ APIs to unpack the distribution tarballs. In particular, I use Java's facilities to create symlinks if I encounter one in the tarball.

What is the outcome of that on Windows? The result needs to be a Cygwin symlink, which is a funny special file for Windows.

Now, for some reason, "contrib\cygwin\dev\fd" (and others) are broken
symlinks (I need to figure out why).

The links points to /proc/self which presumably makes sense only for Cygwin processes, not for the java process.