Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0: HiDPI + Linux

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016, Corey Richardson wrote:

For example, I've attached a screenshot of Isabelle/jEdit in front of a terminal.

What is also interesting with the screenshot: you are using the canonical GUI layout for what would have been called "3-buffer model" in Proof General 3 or 4. I.e. there is the main text area with separate dockable windows for Output and State.

How did you figure that out? The ANNOUNCE and NEWS files mention that, but the Isabelle/jEdit documentation still needs updating. There is also the standard question how much documentation people actually read.

My hope and my guess is that looking closely at the default startup GUI of Isabelle/jEdit should make it clear to experienced users how to arrange these windows in a way they see fit.