Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0: HiDPI + Linux

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 02:53:00PM +0100, Makarius wrote:
> For Linux, the approach to GUI scaling works the same for Isabelle2015 and
> Isabelle2016, as described in the Isabelle/jEdit manual section "2.1.2
> Displays with very high resolution".  The manual is not yet updated in
> Isabelle2016-RC0, so the text and the screenshot is still that of
> Isabelle2015.  Your screenshot shows Linux with Metal look&feel, so this
> should definitely work as described.

Thank you for the pointers. Tweaking the font sizes in use helps tremendously,
although some "widgets" such as checkboxes and scrollbars are somewhat small,
as are most icons.

> Personally, I am often using GTK look&feel, with GTK's own font and GUI
> scaling.  But that depends on so many other side-conditions, that I don't
> dare to make it the default.

I will experiment with that to see if I can make it work, as I imagine that
has a better result.

--
cmr
+16032392210