[isabelle] Changes to ML File structure in Isabelle2016-RC0

Sorry if this is supposed to be obvious, but...

I have some ML code that I am using the Isabelle/JEdit interface with.
The code all works with Isabelle 2015, but in Isabelle2016-RC0 I see
an incompatible change to the File structure, where File.open_input
takes BinIO.instream -> 'a instead of TextIO.instream -> 'a.

Where can I find the documentation of these changes?  I am sorry,
I have forgotten where I found any documentation when I originally
did this a year or two ago.  Thanks!

						- Gene Stark