Re: [isabelle] Changes to ML File structure in Isabelle2016-RC0

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016, Eugene W. Stark wrote:

I have some ML code that I am using the Isabelle/JEdit interface with. The code all works with Isabelle 2015, but in Isabelle2016-RC0 I see an incompatible change to the File structure, where File.open_input takes BinIO.instream -> 'a instead of TextIO.instream -> 'a.

Where can I find the documentation of these changes?

Usually in the NEWS, but such tiny things do not always show up there. In such cases the place to look is the history: http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/67e389f67073

That changeset provides further explanations and examples how to convert existing applications.