Re: [isabelle] Dockable panels

The obvious reason is that the output of the State panel needs a horizontal window. I imagine that most users will keep this window open all the time, and we can save them the trouble of having to re-dock it manually.

Everybody has their own style, and I almost never display the Output panel, since error messages can easily be viewed right in the main panel.

Larry