Re: [isabelle] Dockable panels

> Is there a problem for seasoned OS X users to guess how jEdit dockables are moved around?  This is a plain question, not a rhetoric one. (I am not a seasoned OS X user, although I am occasionally running it for 10 years.)

I've been using OS X exclusively since 2008 and I don't know how to move the State panel to the bottom. (I haven't read the docs either; I've enabled the "Proof state" feature to get the old school behavior.) I don't see any grip on the panel which I could use to move it around, so I don't know where to click (seriously). I should indicate that I'm using the Macish style whereby the jEdit menu bar is merged with the Mac menu bar.

I don't use that many applications, but those I use (e.g., Preview, Skim, Apple Mail, iTunes, Safari, Keynotes) have no dockable panels. Apple probably don't like them.

> The point of the default arrangement is to make it work out-of-the box for most users, beginners and experts alike.  It is the result of the past 3 years looking closely what beginners and experts have, or could have.

I can only speak for myself, but it does feel suboptimal to put contents that has a large horizontal component and (usually) a small vertical component in an area that has, in the best case, a squarish shape, and in the worst case much more vertical space than horizontal space.

Jasmin