Re: [isabelle] RC1: etc/symbols file from 2015 crashes jedit tool on startup

> I also copied preferences, but the crash behaviour can be triggered by symbols.
> Removing symbols while keeping preferences and everything works fine

You're right. I was under the impression that I also had a symbols file,
but didn't (I wonder where I put my custom symbols ...)

I tried reproducing the problem locally and apparently the offending
entry is

\<struct>               code: 0x0022c4

(I found that by diffing Isabelle2015/etc/symbols and
Isabelle2016-RC1/etc/symbols.)

Removing that entry from your symbols file doesn't lead to a crash (on
my machine at least).

Cheers
Lars