Re: [isabelle] Symbols: \<longleftrightarrow> vs. <->

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016, C. Diekmann wrote:

I noticed in some theories, "\<longleftrightarrow>" was replaced by "<->". Is there a specific reason for this? Should I just prefer "<->" in future?

There were many changes in the opposite direction: old ASCII syntax
replaced by Isabelle symbols.  This is also mentioned in NEWS.

Where did you see new emergences of ASCII "<->" instead? It might have been a mere accident, or an area of non-renovation.