Re: [isabelle] RC1: Immediate completion on \-symbols

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016, Peter Lammich wrote:

In general, whenever you do a non backward compatible change in the user interface, you are likely to annoy some of the power users, on which you force a new interfacing mode instead of letting them choose which they like more.

Even worse, accustomed power users come with clubs and pitchforks to my doors, figuratively speaking.

Changes of Isabelle don't happen unilaterally. We usually have NEWS announcements and possibilities for discussion on isabelle-dev months before the public release process starts.

For Isabelle2016 that public process started 3 weeks ago. Right now we are approximately in the middle of the hot phase, where only serious problems are addressed.