Re: [isabelle] RC1: Immediate completion on \-symbols
- To: Peter Lammich <lammich at in.tum.de>
- Subject: Re: [isabelle] RC1: Immediate completion on \-symbols
- From: Makarius <makarius at sketis.net>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 20:29:54 +0100 (CET)
- Cc: isabelle-users <isabelle-users at cl.cam.ac.uk>
- In-reply-to: <s01318s0MJM2HMU.RZmta@smtpin.rzone.de>
- References: <s01318s0MJM2HMU.RZmta@smtpin.rzone.de>
- User-agent: Alpine 2.00 (LNX 1167 2008-08-23)
On Fri, 22 Jan 2016, Peter Lammich wrote:
In general, whenever you do a non backward compatible change in the user
interface, you are likely to annoy some of the power users, on which you
force a new interfacing mode instead of letting them choose which they
Even worse, accustomed power users come with clubs and pitchforks to my
doors, figuratively speaking.
Changes of Isabelle don't happen unilaterally. We usually have NEWS
announcements and possibilities for discussion on isabelle-dev months
before the public release process starts.
For Isabelle2016 that public process started 3 weeks ago. Right now we
are approximately in the middle of the hot phase, where only serious
problems are addressed.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and