[isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC2 available for testing
Dear Isabelle users,
Isabelle2016-RC2 is now available for further testing:
This corresponds to the repository versions
Summary of notable points:
- update of Poly/ML from repository, as it approaches its 5.6 release
- update to latest jdk-8u72 from Oracle
- less aggressive JVM GC options for improved stability
- more robust Isabelle plugin startup within jEdit
- fine-tuning of Isabelle symbol abbreviations (for completion)
- fine-tuning of some Isabelle/HOL libraries
After more than 3 weeks of testing, relatively few problems have been
exposed. This means there are no real problems left, or that the
majority of users have not switched to Isabelle2016-RC yet.
People who have tested earlier release candidates should upgrade now.
Local settings can be preserved by copying $ISABELLE_HOME_USER in a
suitable manner: renaming the last component of the directory name to
Isabelle2016-RC2 before starting the new version.
When discussing problems, observations, suggestions, etc. the mail subject
line should be changed to something informative (but the release candidate
number still given in the message body).
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and