[isabelle] Funny font metrics in the Search and Replace dialog [Isabelle2016-RC2]

The font metrics in the Search and Replace dialog has been funny for a while, and this is still the case with RC2's versions of jdk, jedit and fonts.  In the attached screenshot, the entire text is selected but the last 2 1/2 characters are not covered by the box.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) and OS X 10.10.5.

Not sure this is something under our control, though.

Clemens

On 24 January, 2016 22:17 CET, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:

> Dear Isabelle users,
>
> Isabelle2016-RC2 is now available for further testing:
>
>     http://isabelle.in.tum.de/website-Isabelle2016-RC2
>
> This corresponds to the repository versions
> https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits/Isabelle2016-RC2
> and https://bitbucket.org/isa-afp/afp-devel/commits/8fd4642c2afa
>
> Summary of notable points:
>
> - update of Poly/ML from repository, as it approaches its 5.6 release
> - update to latest jdk-8u72 from Oracle
> - less aggressive JVM GC options for improved stability
> - more robust Isabelle plugin startup within jEdit
> - fine-tuning of Isabelle symbol abbreviations (for completion)
> - fine-tuning of some Isabelle/HOL libraries
>

> After more than 3 weeks of testing, relatively few problems have been
> exposed.  This means there are no real problems left, or that the
> majority of users have not switched to Isabelle2016-RC yet.
>
> People who have tested earlier release candidates should upgrade now.
> Local settings can be preserved by copying $ISABELLE_HOME_USER in a
> suitable manner: renaming the last component of the directory name to
> Isabelle2016-RC2 before starting the new version.
>

> When discussing problems, observations, suggestions, etc. the mail subject
> line should be changed to something informative (but the release candidate
> number still given in the message body).
>

>  	Makarius

PNG image