Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC2 available (Editor's Text Area vs File)

On Thu, 28 Jan 2016, Alfio Martini wrote:

I have just tried the RC1 version and it works fine, as expected, not exhibiting that very odd behavior with respect to the current buffer file.

I think this is merely a matter of persistent editor options in the two installations. Looking closely again at the screenshot, there are small black arrows indicating split editor panes. So you merely need to unsplit with C+0 or C+1.

Also, it seems to process the theory files faster than the RC2 version. But this is a subjective observation.

Observations are always subjective, but they can be made more precise by more experiments.

There could be an impact due to JVM parameters: on Windows these are in the main Isabelle directory in the .l4j file. I've changed that a bit between RC1 and RC2 to make it more simple and presumably more robust.