Re: [isabelle] Funny font metrics in the Search and Replace dialog [Isabelle2016-RC2]

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Clemens Ballarin wrote:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) and OS X 10.10.5.

Is that Isabelle/jEdit in the default configuration?

In "Global Options > jEdit > Text Area" I have set "Text font" to "IsabelleText 14 Plain". I also have changed some key bindings. I see IsabelleText in the main text area, but indeed not in the dialog.

The key parameter is the main text area font. IsabelleText (in any size) should be fine.

jEdit pokes into look-and-feel defaults to achieve the trick, e.g. try this in the Scala console:

view.getTextArea.getPainter.getFont
javax.swing.UIManager.getDefaults().get("TextArea.font")

The first is the jEdit text area font, the second the font of Swing text areas, as in the search dialog.

It should give the same font.

Or maybe you have an old version of that font installed on the system? An effect of that might be missing glyphs in the NEWS file or the Symbols / Document panel: various new symbol interpretations have been added for Isabelle2016.

Another source of problem could be the Retina display: I don't have that and can't test it.