Re: [isabelle] Funny font metrics in the Search and Replace dialog [Isabelle2016-RC2]

On 28 January, 2016 17:19 CET, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:

> jEdit pokes into look-and-feel defaults to achieve the trick, e.g. try
> this in the Scala console:
>
> view.getTextArea.getPainter.getFont
> javax.swing.UIManager.getDefaults().get("TextArea.font")
>
> The first is the jEdit text area font, the second the font of Swing text
> areas, as in the search dialog.
>
> It should give the same font.

They give the same font:

scala> view.getTextArea.getPainter.getFont
res0: java.awt.Font = java.awt.Font[family=IsabelleText,name=IsabelleText,style=plain,size=14]

scala> javax.swing.UIManager.getDefaults().get("TextArea.font")
res1: Object = java.awt.Font[family=IsabelleText,name=IsabelleText,style=plain,size=14]

> Or maybe you have an old version of that font installed on the system? An
> effect of that might be missing glyphs in the NEWS file or the Symbols /
> Document panel: various new symbol interpretations have been added for
> Isabelle2016.

Not according to FontBook.

> Another source of problem could be the Retina display: I don't have that
> and can't test it.

If I choose some other font for the text area (such as Courier) that get's displayed both in the main text area and the search dialog.  Now the only thing special about IsabelleText (that I can imagine) that its not installed in the system.  It tried to verify this but FontBook cannot open *.sfd files, so I couldn't install them...

Clemens