Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC2 Java exceptions related to search/replace

I guess I will try what you suggest, however as additional data points
I was able to recreate the situation when I reloaded the same files,
both on Isabelle2016-RC2 and -RC1.

The situation seemed to be triggered by "Enter MATCH..." spew spamming
the output window.  Apparently there was enough of it so that it filled
the JVM heap and perhaps caused continuous GC (speculation).
Eventually, poly became quiescent and presumably stopped sending output
to JEdit, but as I noted, JEdit did not recover, and after many minutes
I ended up killing it from the shell.

I also noticed upon restarting after killing that the first time JEdit
is restarted, it generates a "Failed to load Plugin" message, and does not
properly initialize.  Upon exiting and starting once again, it starts
normally.  So there is some state information that is retained somewhere
that prevents normal starting the first time after a crash or kill.

							- Gene Stark