Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC2 Java exceptions related to search/replace

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016, Eugene W. Stark wrote:

I was able to recreate the situation when I reloaded the same files,
both on Isabelle2016-RC2 and -RC1.

The situation seemed to be triggered by "Enter MATCH..." spew spamming
the output window.  Apparently there was enough of it so that it filled
the JVM heap and perhaps caused continuous GC (speculation).
Eventually, poly became quiescent and presumably stopped sending output

I guess it actually refers to the thread "JEdit lockup with Java at 100% CPU".

Since "Enter MATCH ..." is a formal "tracing" message, it should be throttled according to system option editor_tracing_messages (default 1000), which is accessible in Plugin Options / Isabelle / General.

Did you change that option?

Another question is where these masses of "Enter MATCH ..." messages are produced. It is normally some bad situation that can be avoided.