Re: [isabelle] Plugin error with Isabelle-2016

Hi Dominic,

while I don't know the exact cause of the symptoms you're describing, it
sounds like you have a bad Isabelle installation.

> /auto/homes/dpm36/LocalInstalls/Isabelle2016/src/Tools/jEdit/dist/jars/Isabelle-jEdit.jar:
> Cannot start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/Function0
> Try updating to a newer version of the plugin.

This is the absence of a definition from the Scala library. This could
either mean that the JAR file is corrupted or missing. By chance, are
you running this from an NFS?

> What is happening to an Isabelle .thy file when the failure above
> occurs to cause symbols to stop rendering, and how do I fix a file to
> get all my symbols back without needing to keep copying-and-pasting
> text into fresh files?

This usually happens when one copy-pastes something from outside into
Isabelle/jEdit. For me it works after pressing F5 to reload the file.
But the absence of rendering definitely should not happen when you load
a file into the editor.

Cheers
Lars