Re: [isabelle] Plugin error with Isabelle-2016

Hello everyone,

Does "intermittently" mean that the failure happens every time you start
Isabelle/jEdit, or only sometimes?

I'd estimate one in every twenty Isabelle starts suffers from this
problem on my machine.  So, not every time I start Isabelle, but often
enough for it to start becoming a pain.  Further, I have also
witnessed this same problem on another machine, when Isabelle was
started inside a Docker container.

I have encountered this error too. In my case it appears reproducible when Isabelle is not shut down normally. E.g. when the machine crashed or the editor window is killed via xkill. After a restart Isabelle works normally.

Hope this helps,
 Hans-JÃrg