Re: [isabelle] Plugin error with Isabelle-2016

What I am easily and reliably able to reproduce is as follows:

% /opt/Isabelle2016/Isabelle2016 &
(wait for Isabelle to start)
% kill -KILL 29909   # or whatever the PID is of the Java process
[1]  + Killed                        /opt/Isabelle2016/Isabelle2016
% /opt/Isabelle2016/Isabelle2016&
[1] 9015
% 7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR: Error while starting plugin isabelle.jedit.Plugin
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/Function0
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2671)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3075)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:412)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePlugin(PluginJAR.java:933)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at org.gjt.sp.jedit.PluginJAR.activatePluginIfNecessary(PluginJAR.java:1021)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at org.gjt.sp.jedit.jEdit.main(jEdit.java:549)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR: Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: scala.Function0
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader.loadFromParent(JARClassLoader.java:518)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at org.gjt.sp.jedit.JARClassLoader.loadClass(JARClassLoader.java:87)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] PluginJAR:  ... 7 more
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: /opt/Isabelle2016/src/Tools/jEdit/dist/jars/Isabelle-jEdit.jar:
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Cannot start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/Function0
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] ErrorListDialog$ErrorEntry: Try updating to a newer version of the plugin.
7:40:39 AM [main] [error] View: No docking framework PIDE available, using the original one
7:40:43 AM [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] DockableWindowManagerImpl: Unknown dockable window: isabelle-output
7:40:43 AM [AWT-EventQueue-0] [error] DockableWindowManagerImpl: Unknown dockable window: isabelle-theories

JEdit displays a "Plugin Error" pop-up that says:

/opt/Isabelle2016/src/Tools/jEdit/dist/jars/Isabelle-jEdit.jar:
Cannot start: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: scala/Function0
Try updating to a newer version of the plugin.

(Click on OK)
(Exit JEdit using the menu)

[1]    Done                          /opt/Isabelle2016/Isabelle2016
% /opt/Isabelle2016/Isabelle2016&

(Isabelle starts normally)

This is on Ubuntu 14.04LTS using Unity.

							- Gene Stark