Re: [isabelle] Cannot copy from output panel in Isabelle 2016?

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Dominic Mulligan via Cl-isabelle-users wrote:

I have just upgraded to Isabelle 2016 from Isabelle 2015 in the last few days and I have noticed that I cannot copy text from the output panel/proof state into the jEdit editor pane. I didn't previously have this problem with Isabelle 2015 and was wondering whether this is a known problem, and if there is a workaround for it as it is impacting my ability to work efficiently? I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

What is your window manager?

What is your Java Swing look-and-feel?

I've made a quick test with a standard installation of Ubuntu 14.04, with Isabelle2016 using fresh defaults: no problem to copy from Output or State panel -- using C+C or C+INSERT as usual.

It is also possible that old jEdit properties copied from Isabelle2015 or Isabelle2016 cause problems. By default nothing is done in this respect, and it is the responsibility of the user to do this carefully by hand.