[isabelle] Verification of randomized algorithms: open PhD/post doc position

We are looking for a Ph.D. student or postdoctoral researcher to work on the analysis of randomized algorithms in the theorem prover Isabelle.

We shall be investigating programming logics for randomized algorithms, case studies, and the formalization of probability theory. We will build on the existing formalization of probability theory in Isabelle.

The successful candidate will have a strong background in one of the following two areas
- verification
- randomized algorithms
and basic knowledge of the other area and will be keen to bridge the gap between them.

The position will be filled as soon as possible.

Please send informal enquiries or formal applications (including the usual material and the names of two references) directly to me.

Best regards,
Tobias Nipkow
http://www.in.tum.de/~nipkow/