Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-1-RC1 processing theories twice

On 31/10/16 18:37, Mathias Fleury wrote:

> Steps to reproduce:
> Run isabelle such that it loads some theories, e.g.:
>    isabelle jedit -l Pure src/HOL/List.thy
>
> Wait until all of the theories are processed.
>
> Scroll in the buffer List.
>

> Isabelle/jEdit first starts processing List and then restarts processing the buffers from the beginning.
>
> Instead of waiting that all theories are processed, one can also do some random clicking in the List buffer.

I still cannot reproduce it -- I've seen it last summer on the machine
of Jasmin once, but never anywhere else.

Is that really a fresh Isabelle2016-1-RC1 without any special options or
preferences?

> The described reprocessing of the files is done only once. It appears on both macOS (running Sierra) and Linux (archlinux, so another unsupported OSâ).

Arch Linux is just untested, but not unsupported. The reason for that is
due to the nature of it being individually configured in every respect.
It means anything could go wrong, but Arch users are the master of their
system and can make it work.

In practice, I have never heard of a specific Arch Linux problem with
Isabelle, although I occasionally see users of that platform.

> Is there anyway to give more informations?

Any particular jEdit plugins and preferences. In particular, what is the
Look-and-feel?

If it is reliably reproducible for you, you can also make a bisection on
the repository to see where the problem is located in the history.