Re: [isabelle] yet another simplifier question

first I must admit I didn't know the simplifier can do things to sub
expressions besides application of identities. good to know that.

second, is there a documentation of what "field_combine_numerals" can and
can't do? for example to my surprise the following fails (and this was the
trigger to the original question) -

    lemma "sin((x::real) + y + x + y) = sin(2*x + 2*y)"
    using [[simp_trace=true]]
    by simp    (* doesn't work *)

also, I must say that the simplifier's output is very hard to read. it
would have been much easier to understand it if there was some identation,
and if there was some declaration where the output of a simproc begins (I
assume much of the output before the produced rewrite rule also came from
the simproc.) can we request this for the next Isabelle revision ?

many thanks,
Noam