Re: [isabelle] yet another simplifier question

On 06/11/16 20:31, noam neer wrote:
> I have an i3 processor and 4GB RAM.
>
> but, does sledgehammer give the external provers a time limit,
> a limit on the search space/number of deductions or no limit at all?
> in the first case, I guess one can expect different computers will differ
> not only in running time but in the actual results too.

Yes, there are many such policies built into it.

Apart from that, Windows can sometimes cause problems, e.g. via
Antivirus tools.

You should definitely try a newer Isabelle version: all aspects of the
system are monotonically improved. There is no point to try isolating
problems in old versions.