[isabelle] Isabelle2016-1-RC2 cartouche vs quotation mark ML_file

Dear Isabelle list,

I am a heavy cartouche user. However, they behave differently for arguments of ML_file: ML_file "path/to/file.ML" allows to open the SML file when clicking on the quoted part, while ML_file âpath/to/file.MLâ does not.

Moreover, with the cartouches the dependencies are not tracked; i.e., when I change the SML file, the theory that imports the file (opened in a second buffer) is not automatically reprocessed.

Is there any technical reason?

Mathias