Dear Makarius,

I noticed that auto-indentation is switched on by default. While this
improves the workflow when typing, it complicates it when committing: it
tends to introduce trailing spaces.

For example, when I finish a sub-proof like this:

  have "..." ...<Enter>
  <Enter>

Now, the middle line contains two trailing spaces. This is mildly
annoying, because I want to avoid checking in trailing spaces into
version control.

The workaround I'm employing currently is the "WhiteSpace" plugin
(<http://plugins.jedit.org/plugins/?WhiteSpace>) which allows to purge
trailing spaces on save. It can also be configured to just show them and
not purge them automatically.

Cheers
Lars