Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0: cvc4 crashing
- To: Jasmin Blanchette <jasmin.blanchette at inria.fr>, "Eugene W. Stark" <stark at cs.stonybrook.edu>
- Subject: Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2016-RC0: cvc4 crashing
- From: Simon Wimmer <wimmersimon at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 07:47:51 +0000
- Cc: Isabelle Users <cl-isabelle-users at lists.cam.ac.uk>
- In-reply-to: <48E58257-8ECF-40DE-8047-EE89233D0AC1@inria.fr>
- References: <5697D283.email@example.com> <F7580340-D27F-46E7-8F4E-390E89C1B559@inria.fr> <5697EDC9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <15E2252E-34A4-4301-929A-1F464A50FCB9@inria.fr> <5697FA6F.email@example.com> <21932282-2B12-4AF3-9988-761735C52B50@inria.fr> <5699371C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <A3CE2520-1D9F-4BB9-93D6-3996EF3F5F60@inria.fr> <56AFE52A.email@example.com> <25D1AEBF-CAC0-43E1-B246-3D57C958BB97@inria.fr> <56AFEA69.firstname.lastname@example.org> <48E58257-8ECF-40DE-8047-EE89233D0AC1@inria.fr>
did you make an attempt to resolve this for the next release?
I just noticed that I find reports of CVC4 crashing on my Mac (running OSX
Sierra now) a few times per day.
I am not sure if I had this before or if this resurfaced with Sierra.
On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 3:52 PM Jasmin Blanchette <jasmin.blanchette at inria.fr>
> Dear Eugene,
> I'm bringing back this to the mailing list, since it might be of general
> > On 02.02.2016, at 00:29, Eugene W. Stark <stark at cs.stonybrook.edu>
> > From memory: no error in Isabelle, just a pop-up "explosion" icon on the
> > launcher, indicating that a program has crashed. I will turn on the
> > option if you tell me exactly how to do it. I haven't played very much
> with lots
> > of options and I don't know the syntax for them, mostly.
> I see! Then I think this is something that is potential affecting
> everybody. CVC4 doesn't like being killed. This I have experienced first
> hand, when invoking it from the command line. I will investigate and report
> this to the CVC4 developers.
> I hope you can find a workaround to avoid any distraction from the Ubuntu
> launcher. Otherwise, there's always the option of swapping CVC4 out and Z3
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and