[isabelle] Isabelle2017-RC0: encoding in Isabelle/jEdit

Dear Makarius,

> When discussing observations about release candidates, please ensure
> that the Subject line clearly marks a meaningful mailing list thread.

when opening a theory file using 'bin/isabelle jedit -d ... File.thy', I
now get an error message if the session directory is malformed (e.g.
"bad imports session"). I then close the editor, fix the problem,
restart. Now, the encoding of the file is "UTF-8", which means symbols
are not rendered properly:

subsection \<open>Bits\<close>

In the buffer options, I can change the encoding back to Isabelle-UTF-8,
which resolves the problem.

Cheers
Lars