Re: [isabelle] Isabelle2017-RC0: encoding in Isabelle/jEdit

On 19/08/17 12:03, Lars Hupel wrote:
> when opening a theory file using 'bin/isabelle jedit -d ... File.thy', I
> now get an error message if the session directory is malformed (e.g.
> "bad imports session"). I then close the editor, fix the problem,
> restart. Now, the encoding of the file is "UTF-8", which means symbols
> are not rendered properly:
> subsection \<open>Bits\<close>

Thanks for pointing out this inconvenience.

I have now changed the arrangement to ensure that the encoding is always
present, before the higher functions of the Prover IDE are initialized:

changeset:   66456:9098c36abd1a
user:        wenzelm
date:        Sun Aug 20 14:03:23 2017 +0200
separate base plugin for important services that should be always
available, despite startup errors of the main plugin;

So this should no longer happen in the next release candidate, or the
intermediate snapshots available from


This archive was generated by a fusion of Pipermail (Mailman edition) and MHonArc.