[isabelle] Isabelle2017-RC0 requires read/write installation

Dear all,

when I install Isabelle (unpacking the Linux archive into /opt) as root,
and then run Isabelle a non-root using
"/opt/Isabelle2017-RC0/Isabelle2017-RC0", jedit starts up, but brings a
dialog box with the following error message:

Failed to create directory:
"/opt/Isabelle2017-RC0/heaps/polyml-5.6_x86_64-linux/log"

In 2016-1, it was possible to install and run Isabelle this way.

If I make /opt/Isabelle2017-RC0 readwrite for the non-root user, everything
works.

Best wishes,
Dominique.