Re: [isabelle] Isabelle/Jedit not recognising theories in menu

On 09/02/2017 06:09, Ian Hayes wrote:

After I start up Isabelle and load some theories
I can no longer switch between theories by clicking
on the theory name in the theory menu.

I'm using Isabelle2016-1 on a Mac (Sierra).
I've tried reinstalling Isabelle2016-1 and
removing .isabelle/Isabelle2016-1 from my home.

I have now a new test machine (Mac mini Late 2014) so I can check this first-hand on Sierra: it all looks fine after 10min of experimentation.

Are there some separate magic files for jedit that have
become corrupted?

The persistent state of the Isabelle application is normally confined to $ISABELL_HOME (inside the .app directory) and $ISABELLE_HOME_USER (inside $HOME/.isabelle).

My guess is that there are some general OS or desktop settings involved. The "Theories" panel requires a double click to jump to source files. May the global mouse configuration changed accidentally, due to other reasons than Isabelle.

Apple might have more ways to change certain GUI behaviour, but I am only a part-time Mac user and can't tell for sure.