[isabelle] New AFP entry: CRDT

A framework for establishing Strong Eventual Consistency for Conflict-free Replicated Datatypes
Victor B. F. Gomes, Martin Kleppmann, Dominic P. Mulligan and Alastair R. Beresford

In this work, we focus on the correctness of Conflict-free Replicated Data Types (CRDTs), a class of algorithm that provides strong eventual consistency guarantees for replicated data. We develop a modular and reusable framework for verifying the correctness of CRDT algorithms. We avoid correctness issues that have dogged previous mechanised proofs in this area by including a network model in our formalisation, and proving that our theorems hold in all possible network behaviours. Our axiomatic network model is a standard abstraction that accurately reflects the behaviour of real-world computer networks. Moreover, we identify an abstract convergence theorem, a property of order relations, which provides a formal definition of strong eventual consistency. We then obtain the first machine-checked correctness theorems for three concrete CRDTs: the Replicated Growable Array, the Observed-Remove Set, and an Increment-Decrement Counter.

https://www.isa-afp.org/entries/CRDT.shtml

Enjoy (your w/e) ;-)