[isabelle] Data61 Seeking Proof Engineers
We are hiring again, and have two open positions for proof engineers. Isabelle/HOL experience a strong plus!
Data61 Seeking Proof Engineers
If only there were a place where I could prove theorems for money, change the
world, and have fun while doing it...
Sounds too good to exist?
In the Trustworthy Systems team at Data61 that's what we do for a living. We
are the creators of seL4, the world's first fully formally verified operating
system kernel with extreme performance and strong security & correctness
proofs. Our highly international team is located on the UNSW campus, close to
the beautiful beaches of sunny Sydney, Australia, one of the world's most
We are looking for two motivated proof engineers who want to join our team,
move things forward, and have global impact. We are expanding our team,
because seL4 is going places. There are active projects around the world in
- Automotive - because cars have been hacked enough
- Aviation - for more security and safety for autonomous vehicles
- Defence - protecting confidential information
- Connected consumer devices - with security built in from the start
- Spaceflight, autonomous and crewed - because awesome
To make these projects successful, we need to scale formal verification.
- work on industrial-scale formal proofs in Isabelle/HOL and HOL4
- develop formally verified infrastructure for building secure systems
on top of seL4
- contribute to improved proof automation and better reasoning techniques
- apply formal proof to real-world systems and tools
To apply for this position, you should possess a significant subset of the
- functional programming in a language like Haskell, ML, or OCaml
- first-order or higher-order formal logic
- basic experience in C
- ability and desire to quickly learn new techniques
- undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar
- ability and desire to work in a larger team
We are hiring at two levels, so if you are more qualified or experienced than
the above would suggest, you can come in as a senior proof engineer.
If you additionally have experience
- in software verification with an interactive theorem prover such as
Isabelle/HOL, HOL4, or Coq, and/or
- with operating systems and microkernels, and/or
- in verified applications technology such as CakeML
you should definitely apply!
If you have the right skills and background, we can provide training on the
job. Continual learning is a central component of everything we do. You will
work with a unique world-leading combination of OS and formal methods
experts, students at undergraduate and PhD level, engineers, and researchers
from 5 continents, speaking over 15 languages. Trustworthy Systems is a fun,
creative, and welcoming workplace with flexible hours & work arrangements.
We value diversity in all forms and welcome applications from people of all
ages, including people with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTIQ.
See https://ts.data61.csiro.au/diversity/ for more information.
Salary ranges for this position (in AUD) (plus superannuation):
- Junior: 61-78K, 80-91K
- Senior: 95-103K, 109-128K
depending on experience and qualifications.
Apply online at the following links:
Your application should include a cover letter, CV, undergraduate transcript
(if applicable), and contact information for two references.
This round of applications closes 21 November 2017.
The seL4 code and proof, and the CakeML project, are open source.
Check them out at https://seL4.systems and https://cakeml.org
More information about Data61's Trustworthy Systems team at
Still studying? We also have internship opportunities!
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail (Mailman edition) and