Re: [isabelle] Syntax for Min/Max, or the notation for images

Well, a strong argument against any fancy syntax for image is that it would be input-only. Image is just an ordinary infix operator and the user would see something like a`i instead of {a i. i ∈ I}.

Users (especially beginners) should be aware that a general comprehension could give rise to a large formula. I frequently write expressions using nested unions instead. I don't know whether it really simplifies reasoning steps, but I find it clearer.

Larry